|By PR Newswire||
|December 4, 2008 05:15 AM EST||
At prices that won't break the bank, these top selling items under
-- Sheep ($45): Raising these fleecy critters allows women to create their own income and to make local textiles. -- Plant 50 trees ($30): Trees produce life-sustaining crops like avocados and bananas, and they also prevent soil erosion-a key to economic growth and a greener world. -- Books for kids ($18): Your gift will provide children with books on a wide range of topics from agriculture to peace-building. By helping someone open a book, you can open a mind, too. -- Water jugs ($18): Benefit not one but three families by providing each with a stout water jug. For a family lacking a safe water container, one of these sturdy jugs provides the means to store and transport clean drinking water safely.
"These gifts reflect Oxfam America's work around the world to promote ways
to make a living, provide emergency relief, and improve nutrition," said
It's quite simple: shoppers choose the gift and personalize a card online, their friend or loved one receives a card in the mail, and the gift goes to those who need it most. All gift contributions are general donations to Oxfam America and are fully tax deductible.
Forget braving the malls or fighting the mid-winter chill. Oxfam America Unwrapped lets you shop from the convenience of your couch through its online alternative gift catalog: OxfamAmericaUnwrapped.com. Relax with a cup of warm cocoa and pick from the hottest gifts this season. Click, click, done, and you can feel good about helping those who need it most.
Go to OxfamAmericaUnwrapped.com to view all 57 items in the catalog.
Oxfam America is an international relief and development organization that creates lasting solutions to poverty, hunger, and injustice. Oxfam saves
lives, helps people overcome poverty, and fights for social justice. To learn more, go to www.oxfamamerica.org.
**Note to editors: For camera-ready art or to speak with an Oxfam America
Unwrapped spokesperson, contact
Press Contact: Zeenat Potia, Press Officer Oxfam America 617-371-2721 617-401-6160 (mobile) [email protected]
SOURCE Oxfam America
- America's Egg Farmers Launch New Incredible Edible Egg(TM) Advertising Campaign Focusing on 'Body And Mind'
- Area Fifth Graders to Plant 100 Trees Donated by Houston Landscapes Unlimited
- Agriculture Secretary Opens 2009 Pennsylvania Farm Show
- Mobile-Forms Software Company, Mi-Co, on Track to Grow 25% in 2012
- 'World's Fastest Omelet Maker' Helps Moms Prepare Dishes Under $2.00 for World Egg Day
- Taking the 'ICK' Out of Picky Eaters
- Governor Rendell's Budget: Helping Families Weather the National Recession
- This Season's Hottest Gifts
- Animal Welfare Approved Farmer Jude Becker Featured on Oprah
- Great Park Pumpkin Harvest