|By PR Newswire||
|October 21, 2008 01:00 PM EDT||
Great Park Pumpkin Harvest attendees are encouraged to bring non-perishable canned food items to benefit Second Harvest Food Bank and the Community Action Partnership. The Second Harvest Food Bank and Community Action Partnership are collaborators with the Great Park Preview Farm and its Food-to-Fork program. The Great Park Preview Farm Food-to-Fork program plans to grow and distribute produce to needy families through the Second Harvest Food Bank and Community Action Partnership. Donation bins will be located at the check-in table.
"The Great Park Preview Farm will soon provide to food banks like Second
Harvest and the Community Action Partnership a much need source of food for
struggling families throughout
The Great Park Balloon will be decorated as a giant Jack O' Lantern. Great Park Neighborhoods is also sponsoring activities at the Great Park Pumpkin Harvest. Its events include a petting zoo and Ghost Town Main Street in Hangar 10. There will be plenty of tricks and treats for everyone!
The Orange County Great Park is located on the site for the former
For updated information about Great Park events, go to http://www.ocgp.org or call (949) 724-7420.
SOURCE Orange County Great Park
- America's Egg Farmers Launch New Incredible Edible Egg(TM) Advertising Campaign Focusing on 'Body And Mind'
- Area Fifth Graders to Plant 100 Trees Donated by Houston Landscapes Unlimited
- Agriculture Secretary Opens 2009 Pennsylvania Farm Show
- Mobile-Forms Software Company, Mi-Co, on Track to Grow 25% in 2012
- 'World's Fastest Omelet Maker' Helps Moms Prepare Dishes Under $2.00 for World Egg Day
- Taking the 'ICK' Out of Picky Eaters
- Governor Rendell's Budget: Helping Families Weather the National Recession
- Animal Welfare Approved Farmer Jude Becker Featured on Oprah
- This Season's Hottest Gifts
- Great Park Pumpkin Harvest