|By PR Newswire||
|August 27, 2008 02:52 PM EDT||
Food and Society Policy Fellows (fellows), funded by the W.K. Kellogg and
Fair Food Foundations, are leaders in food and agriculture from across
For more information about the fellows visit www.foodandsocietyfellows.org.
Bradbury can discuss the importance of cultivating and supporting a next generation of farmers for securing a vibrant regional food system in the U.S.
Chef Ann can discuss how changing district spending policies, commodity- based food service organizations, political platforms with no mention of school food or child health -- and ultimately the USDA -- can ensure that kids everywhere have wholesome, nutritious, delicious food at school.
Hinkle, a former organic farmer and restaurant chef, can discuss the need to increase availability of affordable fresh, healthy, locally grown foods in low-income communities of color as well as related cultural, economic and public policy issues.
Lappe, author and co-leader of the Small Planet Institute, can discuss sustainable farming and the globalization of food systems, food security and social movements, genetically modified foods and organic trends, and issues related to youth and health.
Mas Masumoto, farmer and author,
Masumoto can discuss issues related to organic and sustainable farming, immigration reform and sharing the "story" of family farms.
Mosness of the Go Wild Campaign can discuss the political, environmental and economic impacts of fish farming in coastal waters.
Terry can discuss cooking education that supports good health; youth food justice activism; and the health, environmental, cultural and economic impact local food systems make in urban communities.
Winne can discuss social justice issues related to the Slow Food discussion, in particular, avoiding elitism in the movement toward fair food.
SOURCE Food and Society Policy Fellows
- America's Egg Farmers Launch New Incredible Edible Egg(TM) Advertising Campaign Focusing on 'Body And Mind'
- Area Fifth Graders to Plant 100 Trees Donated by Houston Landscapes Unlimited
- Agriculture Secretary Opens 2009 Pennsylvania Farm Show
- Mobile-Forms Software Company, Mi-Co, on Track to Grow 25% in 2012
- 'World's Fastest Omelet Maker' Helps Moms Prepare Dishes Under $2.00 for World Egg Day
- Taking the 'ICK' Out of Picky Eaters
- Governor Rendell's Budget: Helping Families Weather the National Recession
- Animal Welfare Approved Farmer Jude Becker Featured on Oprah
- This Season's Hottest Gifts
- Great Park Pumpkin Harvest